Take part in Light Up the Night Kinross
Light Up the Night Kinross-shire 2021: People & Place
When n Friday 26 - Sunday 28 November 2021, 5-9pm
Where Communities around Loch Leven
What Light up your windows to create a trail of light through our town this winter!
We are asking residents, local businesses and organisations to decorate the street-facing windows of their homes, flats and shops with creative light displays, over one weekend in November. This timing coordinates with Kinross’ festive street market and our Christmas lights switch-on.
- Fun, creative activity for everyone to join in with!
- Beacon of hope as the long nights draw in.
- Makes a family-friendly walking trail around the town after dusk. A covid-secure, socially distanced art event!
- Provides a neighbourhood talking point and breaks down social isolation.
- Shows something about who we are and how we value getting involved in our community.
- Helps create a festive atmosphere in our town in the lead up to Christmas / Advent / Diwali.
How can I get involved?
Everyone can take part! Simply decorate any windows that are visible from the street as brightly and creatively as you like, and make sure the lights are on between 5-9pm Friday to Sunday of the event weekend.
If you’d like to have your window listed on the online map, please register here: https:// forms.gle/hEUiiC8Ljmheq9Xp6
Please note that by taking part, you are happy for photos of your windows to be used for publicity and project evaluation purposes. Just get in touch if you have any questions!
Spread the word
Invite your friends to like the Facebook page, Light Up the Night Kinross-shire. Post your making of and work-in-progress pics - and don’t forget to post a picture of your finished windows to the group! We’d love to see your creative ideas and see pics of you and your family exploring the windows over the event weekend.
Theme: People and Place
This year’s theme is ‘PEOPLE & PLACE’. Can your window tell a story about who you are or where you come from? Could it reflect your favourite place, or what it is you love about staying where you do? Could it show something that’s special to you or your family, or something unique about you? Or can you simply create a window that makes you smile? People & Place is a theme that will be explored over the year ahead through a creative community project involving conversations, activities and events, as the area around Loch Leven becomes part of the Scotland-wide People’s Parish project. http://www.peoplesparish.scot/ For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- simply put a candle or lantern in your window
- use all your fairy lights or Christmas lights to light up your windows
- make your own lanterns (e.g. from paper, carved vegetables)
- use tissue paper or coloured paper and light from behind to create a stained glass effect
- use glass pens or paint to create a design straight on to the glass
- use cut out paper or card to make a shadow / silhouette effect
- use toys or objects from around your home plus a light source, to create an eye-catching scene
- Anything goes, as long as it’s bright and family friendly!
Ideas For some creative ideas, have a look at https://www.windowwanderland.com/gallery/ or try Pinterest
From the 1st November, there’ll be a ‘swap box’ in the foyer of the Church Centre on Kinross High Street. Have you got more yellow tissue than you can use? Or struggling to find black card? Drop in to the Church Centre and take what you need. Leave behind any excess craft materials that others might be able to use. The swap box is free for everyone - let’s help each other out and eliminate waste! In partnership with Kinross Climate Cafe & Broke Not Broken and kindly supported by Baillies.
Please complete this online form to have your entry added to the map, click here: Online Form